Valentine’s Day is a day of romance and fine dining. This year, instead of paying for an expensive dessert and eating something with hundreds of calories that you will likely regret later, make your sweetheart a delicious torte that is just over 200 calories a serving!
• 8 egg whites
• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups sugar
• 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
• 1-1/2 cups whipped cream
• Place egg whites in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the vinegar, vanilla and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
• Spread into a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 300° for 50-60 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool (meringue will fall).
• Serve with strawberries and whipped cream. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts per serving
1 piece equals 206 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
To see the full recipe, please visit: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Strawberry-Schaum-Torte-2