April is here and with April comes the start of spring! Fresh foods, pastels and perfect weather. We have the perfect healthy and hearty salad recipe for you, just in time for spring. This salad is hearty enough for you to have as a dinner, but light enough to ensure you still fit into all of your warm seasoned clothing.
The recipe comes from Eclectic Recipes, an online foodie blog, full of delicious recipes. Luckily, this salad is healthy, hearty and even vegetarian. Made up of black beans, corn, avocados, cucumber, red onion, tomato and more, the flavors will be sensational and you will be more than satisfied after sitting down for dinner.
Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Mexi-corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, (3 hass or 2 Florida), diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- the juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- the leaves from 2 – 3 sprigs of fresh oregano (I had some growing on the patio)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin salt and pepper to taste
- Add all diced vegetables and oregano to a large bowl.
- Add lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over salad greens.
Yes, it really is that easy! Now that you have this recipe in your back pocket, you’ll never be without an easy and healthy meal to make for dinner. Whenever you are feeling unhealthy or want to freshen things up a bit, this recipe is sure to do the trick.
We know that cooking at home can be the best way to eat healthy, but every once in a while it is nice to eat out as well. Be sure to check out our list of the top 5 healthy lunch spots in Scottsdale!