The summer is approaching, so we thought now would be a great time to splash you with this month’s healthy recipe! This month’s recipe is low-fat and low-calorie, making it a favorite when it comes to eating lighter and healthier. For the month of June, we turn to the experts from Fitness Magazine to provide a recipe packed full of flavor, but low in calories.
Fitness Magazine is a great source for promoting a healthy and fit lifestyle. The magazine provides workout routines, beauty advice, and healthy recipes. This month’s quick recipe is beef stir-fry with an avocado salad. Composed of peppers, onions, and even more of your favorite veggies, this meal is sure to leave you fully satisfied. Don’t let the amount of ingredients fool you, because this dish is ready in just 20 minutes! A beef stir-fry is a perfect dinner plan for people on the go who may not have much time to prepare dinner. Follow the recipe below for a dish full of flavor and bright colors just in time to welcome summer!
- 12 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup Cojita cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro plus more for garnish, chopped
- In a bowl, combine beef, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1 tablespoon chili powder; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, and poblano and sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef and marinade to vegetables and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In another bowl, combine beans, avocado, cheese, 1/4 cup cilantro, and remaining lime juice and chili powder.
- Garnish beef and vegetables with remaining cilantro. Serve with avocado salad and warmed tortillas if desired.
Nutrition facts per serving
436 calories, 28g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 26g fat (7g saturated), 10g fiber