What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is the next big thing for 2018 in skin care and repair. Microneedling is also known as collagen induction therapy. It works the same way that lasers do but uses extremely fine needles rather than light or heat to stimulate healing and collagen production. Microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment that encourages the body's natural wound healing processes. This results in cell turnover and increased elastin production that not only can reverse the signs of aging, but potentially prevent it as well! The results of Microneedling are very natural because it uses the body’s own natural healing mechanisms. Microneedling is generally better tolerated than laser treatments with a minimal downtime.
What is Microneedling Used For
- Microneedling can reduce the appearance of scars, including acne and surgical scars.
- Microneedling can help aging skin by tightening it up and giving it a more youthful glow.
- Microneedling can reverse hyperpigmentation and sun damage.
- Microneedling can assist in shrinking pores by plumping them up which in turn, can help skin appear smoother.
- Microneedling works with and can assist your skin care products by potentially allowing better absorption and penetration of your topically applied serums and creams.
- Microneedling is not just for your face. It can used all over your body (chest, thighs, etc.) to help reduce scarring and stretch marks
- Microneedling can help to reduce both fine and deep wrinkles as well as crow’s feet.