Nothing says summer quite like a fresh, flavorful and healthy salad. With fresh baby spinach, juicy clementine’s and flavorful salmon, all topped with lemon vinaigrette, this salad recipe from Good Housekeeping is sure to impress! The recipe below makes 4 servings, each serving totaling about 475 calories. Below are two ways to recreate this recipe with even lower calorie options.
- 1/3 cup(s) Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 12 ounce(s) baby spinach
- 4 clementine’s or tangerines, peeled and separated into segments (seeded if necessary)
- 1/4 cup(s) dried cranberries
- Micro-Poached Salmon
- 1/4 cup(s) salted cashews, toasted
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, blend Lemon Vinaigrette and honey. Add spinach, clementines or tangerines, and cranberries to dressing. Toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates.
- Top spinach mixture with Micro-Poached Salmon, flaked with fork into 1-inch chunks, and cashews.
To make this salad even lower in calories, try replacing the salmon with either grilled chicken or spicy shrimp.
Citrusy Spinach and Chicken
Prepare as directed but substitute Grilled Thyme Chicken Breasts for the salmon. Each Serving: about 380 calories, 30 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate, 20 g total fat (3 g saturated), 10 g fiber, 66 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium.
Citrusy Spinach and Shrimp
Prepare as directed but substitute Spicy Grilled Shrimp for the salmon. Each Serving: about 365 calories, 27 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate, 20 g total fat (3 g saturated), 10 g fiber, 172 mg cholesterol, 470 mg sodium.
To see the original recipe on GoodHouseKeeping.com, please visit: http://bit.ly/17lROzI