Although summertime is known for its grilling, here in Arizona, it can sometimes be too hot to grill outside. Because of this, we went on the search for a delicious, healthy and
that will keep you and your family satisfied, even in these hot temps!
Straight from Fitness Magazine, this Chipotle-Glazed Roast Chicken with Sweet Potatoes recipe is conveniently made in the oven, but gives you that summertime grilling feel with the flavorful chipotle spice rub. At just 407 calories a serving (recipe makes 6 servings), you can guiltlessly enjoy this meal with your friends and family.
Chipotle-Glazed Roast Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
Makes: 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 4 sweet potatoes (10 ounces each), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 pounds), rinsed and patted dry
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes in the olive oil and scatter on the bottom of a roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chilies, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin, and cinnamon to make a paste. Rub the paste evenly over each breast.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the sweet potatoes and roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve garnished with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition facts per serving
407 calories, 38g protein, 45g carbohydrate, 8g fat (1.3g saturated), 6g fiber
Discover the original recipe from fitnessmagazine.com here!