Happy 2020 from everyone here at DreamBody Medical Centers! This month, we wanted to give you all a recipe for an easy, tasty and
healthy appetizer. Keep this antipasto sausage skewer recipe from Food Network’s website in your back pocket next time you need to whip something healthy and impressive out at the last minute. The best part of all is that this recipe can be easily manipulated. While the ingredients below make for a delicious app, swapping a few ingredients out for something new and fresh is always a fun experiment to play around with.
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces fully cooked Italian-style poultry sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces if large
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat; mist with cooking spray. Add the sausage; cook, turning 2 or 3 times, until warmed through and browned, about 8 minutes.
- Thread 1 small or 1/2 large basil leaf onto a small wooden skewer. Add a piece of roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomato, artichoke and sausage, arranging them on the skewer so that it can stand up on the sausage end. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make about two-dozen skewers.
Nutrition Facts per serving
Per serving (4 skewers): Calories 140; Fat 5 g (Sat. 2 g; Mono. 1.5 g; Poly. 1 g); Cholesterol 30 mg; Sodium 970 mg; Carbohydrate 12 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 12 g
Read more at: http://bit.ly/17RSOaO
Photograph by Lara Robby/Studio D