Are you getting ready for the swimsuit season and looking for healthy recipes? This broiled salmon with lemon and olive oil recipe from Southern Living magazine is the perfect meal to make using some of the key ingredients that come from the Mediterranean diet (a diet high in veggies and olive oil and a moderate amount of protein that can lower the risk of heart attack). Featuring olive oil, salmon, and lemon, the recipe is healthy, delicious, and easy to make! Give it a try and start (or keep up) your healthy lifestyle!
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 4 cups arugula or uncooked baby spinach
- Garnishes: lemon slices, rosemary sprigs
- Sprinkle salmon fillets evenly w/ salt and pepper.
- Place fillets, lemon rind, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, and rosemary in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and turn to coat. Chill 30 minutes.
- Remove fillets from marinade, discarding marinade. Place fillets, skin side down, on a rack coated with cooking spray in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Broil fish 5 1/2 inches from heat 10 to 12 minutes or until fillets flake easily with a fork.
- Arrange rice and arugula on a serving platter; top with fillets.
- Whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil; drizzle evenly over fillets. Garnish, if desired.
Chelsey Blanchard, Birmingham, Alabama, Southern Living